19 March 2013

Happy Birthday Snap

Happy Birthday to Snap! My baby is 18 years old. It's stunning. And terrifying. There's no more "she's a minor, you talk to me!". She's on her own with the world and the authorities. She's not ready, and neither am I! She's sure looking forward to R movies though! Hehe. Too bad none are on tonight that are remotely interesting to her. She wanted to go to one on her birthday.

She's going to college this fall. She's going into the local college's university transfer program, with plans to go into Women's Studies at UVic. She's amazing. She's got learning disabilities (Look into NLD), anxiety, depression, asperger's. And she's rocking it. She's fighting it and winning.

I remember when she was born, so vividly. Even then, she did things a bit backwards. She was "sunny side up". And she was perfect.

She's got a great sense of humour. A sense of justice like one rarely sees in a teenager. She's stubborn as a mule. Sarcastic. Witty. Snarky. Thoughtful.

I love her.

p.s. OMG OMG OMG. I'm freaking out a little. I raised a kid to adulthood. OMG OMG OMG.