20 January 2010

un-ABEND

Took a bit of a break, didn't I? Mom was in town, the kids were... well, they were the kids, and it came down to I had no time. Absolutely none. I swear, I need an iPod so I can do some of this from the van when I'm waiting for various kids at various places.


I don't have much to say. Too fried. However, on the disaster in Haiti:
3 - and possibly -- 5 shipping containers will be going to Haiti from the Compassionate Resource Warehouse here in Victoria. They're especially hoping that Vancouver Island folks will donate the heavier items, like hammers, shovels, rakes, soaps, etc. Items can be dropped off at Lumberworld at 3955 Quadra, at the Warehouse Wed and Fri 10-4 at #2 831 Devenshire Rd, or at Gordon United Church at 935 Goldstream Avenue in Langford.

Donations to the United Church's Mission and Service Fund for relief in Haiti can be made at the United Church of Canada's website. If you donate to the Emergency relief fund, and specify Haiti, 85% of your donation goes to Haiti, and 15% gets put in the fund for the next emergency, so that help can get underway quickly. No strings are attached to help.