20 June 2009

Rape is not something to feel flattered about - Duh!

A dangerous offender is released, pending appeal, and this is the comment the cbc lets through, regarding a woman who is scared that the guy is living in her neighbourhood:

"the guys more than likely innocent and either way wouldn't be interested in this lady anyway,,,typical liberal skank"

ARGH! I don't know where to begin with this. How about let's boil it down to this:

Rape is not about finding someone attractive. It is not about "being interested" in someone. It is about causing pain, misery and humiliation. It is about power. 90 year old women are raped. 5 year old girls are raped. Fat women, thin women, disabled women, fit women, redheads, blondes, brunettes. Rapists may have their "preferences", but rape happens to women of all categories. All.

What does this asshole think? That a woman should feel flattered that the guy found her hot enough to rape?! Probably.

6 comments:

Raphael Alexander said...

CBC has a report abuse button.

Prole said...

Oh goodie, since I'm a liberal skank I don't have to worry about being raped anymore! Watch out conservative skanks, you're apparently a more appropriate target. Whew! Glad to have that cleared up.

That commenter should be gelded.

Luna said...

I know, Raphael, I reported him. However, CBC doesn't agree with me, and the comment stands.

Saskboy said...

CBC's comments are usually about as bad as YouTube's I usually don't read them. Many of the commenters are nasty trolls who don't even mean what they say, and there's no way to tell.

Luna said...

True, true, Saskboy. Nasty trolls they are. But you know, I've seen that sentiment so many times, it just infuriates me, troll or not.

Oh, and btw, I got some gorgeous pics of Saskatchewan when I was there last week. Stop in later and I should have them uploaded.

Saskboy said...

Alright I will, But I'll be in Ontario in two weeks so may not be online too much.