13 May 2009

Well Frick

Frick. I knew Campbell would win. I knew STV would lose. I've never been more disappointed to be right. Grr. 4 more years of right-wing bullshit.

OH! That reminds me! I have a story. :)

A few years back, right after Campbell gutted the coverage for physiotherapy and chiropractic services, I was in Wal-Mart, hobbling around on my canes. I was quite disabled, and it was thought to be a chronic, incurable condition. I've since found a miracle that keeps it managed quite well, but that's irrelevant. At the time, I was in agony. I was taking percocet pretty much daily, and that sonofabitch just made it impossible for me to get the treatments I needed to keep my pain at all manageable. I was in one hell of a depression about that, lemme tell ya. I had a week long panic attack after that one was announced. I'm in no pain now, and I'm almost crying remembering what that announcement did to me.

So, I was hobbling around Wal-Mart, in absolute agony, and I saw the bastard. Gordon Fucking Campbell. It took me a few seconds, because my brain was completely addled by pain and drugs. But I stopped. Turned around, took a breath and got ready to blast the premier.

Guy looked right at me, sighed and said, "I'm not him". The poor fucking bastard was a dead ringer. I blinked and said, ever-so-cleverly, "What?" Dude said, with another sigh, "Never mind." And then he just walked away, shaking his head. Poor bastard.

(the label, it's in the time-honoured Boston Red Sox naming convention. Man, I love people with a flair for language!)

3 comments:

Thor said...

He's probably used to people giving him dirty looks all the time, so he's ready with the line.

Rob F said...

Luna, take solace in the fact that it's not Alberta.

When I was in elementary school I saw an absolute Glen Clark lookalike. And no, I didn't say anything.

Too bad STV lost and the turnout needs a microscope to become visible.

Saskboy said...

Poor guy, too bad he's not living in another province. I mean Campbell -- then he wouldn't be wrecking B.C.